Simple Online Solutions Blog
Here’s A Couple Of Quick Tips…
1. Stop Chasing Influencers – Sounds weird I know, but their following is often largely made up from overseas followers, bought/fake followers & generally not locals.
2. Don’t follow back everyone who follows your page – A lot of the likes you’ll generate are from people following the hashtag you used WORLDWIDE & not local, so be selective. A lot of it is also Robot spam & these pages will unfollow yours the next day.
3. Follow Local Business Pages, network, engage & Follow Locals!
4. Stop following & accepting overseas based pages – They aren’t going to buy off you & their likes won’t help distribute you message locally.
5. Make sure if your using hashtags that you include your locality ie, #Mornington or #MorningtonPeninsula – Locals follow these.
6. If you’re going to run targeted ads make sure your targeting is localised and you have an actual strategy.
7. If you want influencers, go Micro – Sounds weird targeting smaller influencers with only 1,000 followers? You are much better having 1,000 locals see your message who are likely to buy than have an Influencer with a large following of worldwide followers who won’t buy your stuff or visit your business seeing your message.
8. Before engaging any influencer check out where there following is actually based & their local engagement, if it’s all overseas or fake accounts walk away.
9. If the person running your page is only creating content & not running paid targeted promotion – Find someone else!
10. Remember you’re always better having 1,000 locals following you who are engaged and likely to purchase than 10,000 followers located overseas who won’t – Don’t get caught up in the race for a big following, you’ll dilute your result.
Every business is different but these small things can have a big impact…
If you’d like to have us go over your website & marketing strategy, give us a call!
Web Design Mornington | Social Media Management | Website Designers Mornington Peninsula | Google Search | SEO | Google Adwords | Local Promotions | Advertising Mornington Peninsula | Marketing Agency Mornington Peninsula
For Targeted, Local Marketing On The Mornington Peninsula that Works...
Website Design Mornington Peninsula | Social Media Marketing | Local Advertising | Strategic Local Marketing
Contact us for a FREE consultation to discuss your businesses online marketing needs